About Walk with Us to Cure Lupus
2022 marks the 20th anniversary of Walk with Us to Cure Lupus, the Lupus Research Alliance’s signature national fundraising program devoted to finding a cure for lupus.
What began with the very first Walk in Washington, DC in 2002 has grown over the past 20 years to unite tens of thousands from across the country who have raised over $42 million for lupus research. 100% of every dollar raised goes directly to support lupus research programs because the LRA Board of Directors funds all administrative and fundraising costs.
Even through the past two years of change and uncertainty, our Walk community showed their commitment to one goal: supporting lupus research that will unravel the complexity of this debilitating disease so treatment and a cure can be targeted to each person.
2022 will be more memorable than ever as friends, families and co-workers come together to share their stories and their spirit while raising funds for lupus research.
Register for a Walk:
- South Florida – Saturday, April 9
- Virtual Walk – Saturday, May 7
- New Jersey – Saturday, May 14
- Northern Michigan – Saturday, June 11
- Mid-Atlantic – Saturday, October 1
- New York City – Saturday, October 22
- Dallas – Saturday, October 22
- San Diego – Saturday, November 5
If you don’t see a Walk in your area, join the 2022 Virtual Walk on May 7! Last year we created the world’s largest lupus Walk experience, and we have plans to make this year’s Virtual Walk even more memorable!
What can I do NOW for Lupus Research?
The first steps start with you!
- Sign up for LRA updates to learn about other ways you can be involved with our ManyOne Can Program!
- Register! Find a Walk – in-person or virtual – and register. Check back here throughout the year for more details
- Build your team. Your team can be a party of one or two – or thousands!
- Fundraise. Use the Walk with Us to Cure Lupus website to tell your story and why raising vital funds for lupus research is so important to you. Consider a Facebook fundraiser in honor of your birthday, anniversary or holiday.
- Share your commitment. Show the community why you support the Lupus Research Alliance. Share a video on social media and post with a link to your fundraising page.
- Share your spirit. Wear purple t-shirts, laces, scarves, or even purple tutus and share your photo on social media with #ManyOneCan. We hope you will join a Walk with Us to Cure Lupus event along with your friends, family members, coworkers, and the entire lupus community.
No one individual can do it alone — but ManyOne Can!